GUE Fundamentals may be conducted in single tanks for recreational divers; technical divers interested in advanced GUE training will use twin tanks. To enter GUE Fundamentals individuals must hold an Open Water rating from a recognized agency (most major agencies are acceptable). GUE training focuses upon the fundamental skills including theory and practical application of buoyancy, trim, teamwork, rescue skills, Nitrox, breathing gases, gas consumption, dive planning, equipment configuration, decompression theory and more. GUE Fundamental dives are video-recorded and used as a teaching tool to help improve diving skills.
- $45 for Doubles or Drysuit Primer (no certifications), as well as Triox Primer and Gas Blender.
- $40 for GUE Fundamentals Part 1 and Recreational Supervised Diver to Rec 1 Upgrade
- $55 for GUE Fundamentals Part 2 and Recreational Supervised Diver
- $95 for GUE Fundamentals, Recreational Diver 1, 2, and 3, Documentation Diver, DPV 1, and DPV Cave.
- $125 for Underwater Cave Survey, CCR, and Rebreather Diver.
- $150 for Cave 1 and 2, Tech 1, 60, and 2.
The next step is to create a free account on the GUE website and complete your Student Profile, located under the My Account menu. Once you have done this, you can find the class you want to take by clicking on "Diver Training" in the top menu, then on "Find GUE Classes." Once you find the class you wish to sign up for, you will be prompted to pay the registration fee. Paying the registration fee means that you apply for the class directly, and your instructor will be notified.
GUE offers a wide variety of high-quality, comprehensive SCUBA classes ranging from recreational open-water training to advanced technical and cave diving. GUE courses include:
- GUE Fundamentals, our most popular course
- Recreational open-water courses, divided into Recreational Diver 1, 2, and 3
- Cave diving courses, divided into Cave Diver 1, 2, and 3, plus Underwater Cave Survey
- Technical diving courses, divided into Technical Diver 1, 2, and 3
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle training, including DPV 1 and DPV Cave
- Documentation Diver
- Rebreather Diver
- Primers in specific topics for supplemental (non-certification-granting) purposes: GUE Primer, Doubles, and Drysuit Diver.
The structure of GUE training can be found on the Explore GUE Courses page, which includes links to more extensive course descriptions.
For the most up-to-date and complete descriptions including prerequisites, topics, required skills, and equipment, you should always check the GUE Standards.