Cave Diver 2
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
As their experience expands, active divers soon realize that Level 1 certification should be augmented by more training. Then, as divers become more comfortable in cave environments, and as caves reveal their beauty, versatility, and complexity, divers long to penetrate further.
The GUE Cave Diver Level 2 class, which stands out in the dive industry as a full class of the highest quality is a logical next step.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Divers are expected to have acquired a high level of awareness and solid fundamental skills in order to master the demands of this class. The training builds upon the skills, knowledge, and experience acquired during the GUE Cave 1 class as well as divers’ own experiences in cave-dives after completion of GUE Cave Diver 1.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?Course outcomes include, but are not limited to: increased environmental awareness, increased capacity with extended penetration dives, advanced navigation, use of jump spools, enhanced team awareness, advanced problem resolution, stress management, and use of a stage and/or decompression cylinder.
Applicants for a GUE Cave 2 program must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Have passed the GUE Cave 1 course.
- Must have a minimum of 25 logged Cave 1 level dives beyond GUE Cave 1 certification.
- Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies such as hyperbaric treatment, e.g., DAN Master-level insurance or equivalent.
- For a full list of course prerequisites, click here.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Underwater Cave Survey
During the class, team-based survey procedures and dive planning are introduced together with additional tools and specialized equipment. Many divers who have undertaken GUE’s survey class have been involved in exciting cave exploration projects all over the world.
As an advanced cave diving course, the DPV Cave course is available to experienced GUE Cave 2 divers with prior experience in use of a DPV