WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
Modern technology combined with skilled and competent divers is a great mix to achieve unprecedented outcomes from underwater imaging. Meticulous and proper documentation of a dive site or submerged artifacts can be rewarded by a stunning 3D modelling.
GUE’s Photogrammetry Diver course is designed to introduce divers to the skills and procedures for using underwater photogrammetry to create digital 3D models.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is for anyone who is interested in contributing in an efficient manner to any underwater documentation project and using photogrammetry skills to enhance the outcomes of projects. To benefit from this course the participants must possess basic underwater photography skills and the required photo/video equipment.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?Course outcomes include, but are not limited to: basics of photogrammetry, using both still imagery and video; setting up underwater imaging equipment and lights; underwater teamwork and workflow; organization; setting up a workflow in photogrammetry processing software; and creating final 3D models for publishing
Applicants for a GUE Photogrammetry program must:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Have passed the GUE Recreational Diver Level 1 course or the GUE Fundamentals course.
- Have a minimum of 75 logged dives beyond autonomous entry-level scuba diver (or equivalent) and 25 logged dives beyond GUE certification.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
GUE’s Drysuit Primer is a non-certification course designed to prepare divers for drysuit diving using proper equipment and techniques.