WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
If you want to spend more time in-water by extending bottom times, increasing depth, or simply diving in colder climates calls for proper thermal protection which can be provided by using a drysuit, this course is for you.
GUE’s Drysuit Primer is a non-certification course designed to prepare divers for drysuit diving using proper equipment and techniques.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone interested in the transition from wetsuit to drysuit to allow for longer dives in colder water will be interested in this course. This training is available for non-GUE trained divers and can serve as a basic introduction to GUE system.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?Course outcomes include, but are not limited to: buoyancy, trim practice, and refinement; types, fitting, and use of drysuits, drysuit inflation systems, and undergarments; cold water diving specifics; and management of basic emergencies related to drysuit diving.
Applicants for a GUE Drysuit Primer must:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be certified, at minimum, as an autonomous entry-level scuba diver (or equivalent) from a recognized training agency.
- For a full list of course prerequisites, click here.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
RECREATIONAL DIVER 2
You can add more adventure to your dives and head deeper into the aquatic world by advancing your diving skills with the GUE Recreational Diver 2 course.
The GUE Doubles Primer is a non-certification course designed to teach divers how to safely and comfortably dive a double tank configuration using proper equipment and techniques.