WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
Venturing into more advanced underwater environments is very often related to longer times and greater depths. To be able to safely extend both, divers need to increase their available breathing gas volume and add equipment redundancy.
The GUE Doubles Primer is a non-certification course designed to teach divers how to safely and comfortably dive a double tank configuration using proper equipment and techniques.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone interested in making the transition from single tank to doubles will benefit from this class. It is highly recommended to anyone who is intending to take GUE Fundamentals class and who has no previous doubles experience.
This training is available for non-GUE trained divers and can serve as a basic introduction to GUE systems.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?Course outcomes include, but are not limited to: buoyancy and trim practice, skill refinement, familiarity with the theory and utilization of double tank configuration, GUE equipment configuration, and basic valve management.
Applicants for a GUE Doubles Primer program must:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be certified, at minimum, as an autonomous entry-level scuba diver (or equivalent) from a recognized training agency.
- For a full list of course prerequisites, click here.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
RECREATIONAL DIVER 2
You can add more adventure to your dives and head deeper into the aquatic world by advancing your diving skills with the GUE Recreational Diver 2 course.
GUE’s Triox Primer is a course designed to teach divers the use of triox 30/30 as a GUE standard gas to reduce the effects of increased gas density in recreational divers.