GUE Instructor resumé
- Owner, Livingseas Asia, a premier dive education center based in Singapore, Bali and Jakarta
- Serial Entrepreneur, having been involved with over 10 start-up companies in a range of different industries
- Ex-Singapore National Waterpolo Squad member
- Bachelor of Computing, National University of Singapore
- Instructor: GUE Fundamentals, Rec 1 and 2, DPV, Documentation Diver
- Instructor: Handicap Scuba Association Course Director
- Instructor: PADI Specialty Instructor
- Technical Training: GUE Tech 1 & 2
- Cave Training: GUE Cave 1 & 2
- 7000+ dives with experience diving wrecks, drysuit, mixed gases, DPV, caves
- 1000+ decompression dives
- Started Project Baseline Salang Beach in Tioman Island, Malaysia
- Developed a marine conservation partnership with the Coral Triangle Center
- Created a reef restoration project in Bali and Jakarta that all divers can participate in and plant corals
- Diver education
- Dive travel
- Technical diving
- Marine conservation and ecological protection
- Exploring wrecks and reefs in Southeast Asia
- Articles on Ask Livingseas
- English, Mandarin
Leon Boey is a GUE, HSA and PADI instructor based in Singapore, Bali, and Jakarta, running the dive education centre Livingseas Asia.
Diving since 2005, his first love has always been diving shipwrecks and remains so, but he’s enjoyed all sorts of diving since and loves being surrounded by fish.
Having dived many places and seen firsthand the gradual degradation of the reef over time, he's started to take a more serious approach towards conservation.
Conservation has become one of the core values of Livingseas through the creation of multiple coral reef rehabilitation projects in Jakarta and Bali, along with a sustainable approach to dive operations and education.