GUE Instructor resumé
View Scheduled Classes
Classes I teach:
Wellington, New Zealand+64274897107
- Marine Biologist with the National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research NZ (NIWA)
- NIWA Diving Safety Officer
- NIWA Marine Biodiversity Group Manager
- PhD Biological Sciences (2004), University of Auckland
- GUE: T1, Fundamentals, Gas Blender
- ADAS Part 1 R
- Worksafe New Zealand Occupational Diver
- NIWA Scientific Diver
- Instructor: GUE Fundamentals
- NIWA Scientific Dive Instructor
- PADI Open water, Specialty (Dry suit, DPV) and EFR
- DAN Oxygen and First Aid Instructor
- 1000+ logged dives
- Mixed gas
- I designed and led the data collection of a Project Baseline project in New Zealand which investigated the effects of marine debris on the health of marine benthic communities in a marina in Wellington.
- I was extensively involved with Ghost Fishing NZ for 3 years. Ghost Fishing NZ was a GUE-focused clean-up team which promoted GUE diving practices and philosophies in their work. During this time I played a significant role in large scale clean up efforts around Wellington and New Zealand, removing hundreds of tonnes of rubbish from the marine environment. I delivered a TED talk on the importance of removing rubbish from the environment and the initiatives to achieve long-term clean up efforts in New Zealand.
- I love being in the water so when the swell rolls in (and I cant dive) I'll be out surfing. And if I'm not in the water I'll probably be out for a ride on my motorbike! Have a wee addiction for superbikes, having just owned an Aprilia RSV4RR and now a Honda CBR1000RR.
I'm based in Wellington