WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
One of the most neglected risks in scuba diving is hypercapnia (excessive production and accumulation of CO2) that can lead to narcosis and discomfort, especially when diving deeper and in challenging and strenuous conditions.
GUE’s Triox Primer is a course designed to teach divers the use of triox 30/30 as a GUE standard gas to reduce the effects of increased gas density in recreational divers.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Diving in more challenging conditions - be it deeper, more complex dives on a project or executing a strenuous or complicated task - calls for high mental capacity for all of the team members.
All divers being ambitious for project diving or challenging themselves with dives in demanding conditions should consider using a helium-based breathing mix to make their dives safer and more comfortable. Additionally, it is a great way to prepare for deeper dive training by introducing and practicing ascent protocols.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?Course outcomes include, but are not limited to: skill cultivation and refinement, familiarity with the theory and practice of decompression, correct ascent procedures and practice, the use of Helium to minimize narcosis, CO2, gas density, and post-dive “nitrogen stress”.
Applicants for a GUE Triox Primer program must:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Have passed the GUE Recreational Diver 1 course or a GUE Fundamentals course at the “recreational” level.
- Have completed at least 25 non-training dives.
- For a full list of course prerequisites, click here.
This course can be conducted as part of GUE Recreational Diver Level 2 program, GUE Fundamentals course and GUE Cave 1.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
GUE’s Rescue Primer is a course designed to teach divers basic rescue techniques relevant to scuba diving emergencies.
GUE’s Navigation Primer is a course designed to teach divers the basics of underwater compass use and natural navigation techniques.