- The GUE annual conference brings individuals from across the globe in support of aquatic conservation, public awareness and responsible use of aquatic resources.
- GUE presentations at scientific meetings, workshops, symposiums and diving conferences span more than ten years; an estimated 300 presentations in more than twenty countries support a critical emphasis on public awareness for aquatic conservation.
- Court testimony by GUE representatives has been pivotal in the protection of sensitive aquatic resources.
- GUE’s work with their WKPP project is pivotal in land use decisions as well as land acquisition programs, including significant land purchases through the Conservation and Recreation Lands grant program (CARL).
- GUE representatives regularly attend water quality meetings while supporting scientific and layperson involvement in water conservation programs.
- Yearly Earth Day posters sessions support public awareness as well as personal responsibility and the importance of volunteer efforts toward ground water protection.
- Workshops starting in 2000 are designed to educate scientists and laypeople with respect to the importance and vulnerability of ground water resources.
- Regular field trips with state regulators, university researchers, college students, passionate advocates and laypersons are designed to create awareness and support conservation and research initiatives.