PSCR - RB80
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
GUE PSCR class allows experienced technical divers who are wishing to extend their bottom times and depths beyond what is safely possible with the use of open circuit equipment, to get familiar with the design, principles of operations, as well as failure prevention, and resolution of Halcyon Passive Semi-Closed Rebreather.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This class is created for experienced GUE Cave 2 divers who have accumulated reasonable technical diving experience.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?GUE’s Passive Semi-Closed Circuit Rebreather (PSCR) Diver course is designed to educate individuals in basic PSCR rebreather technologies and to cultivate diver proficiency in the use of GUE-approved PSCR configurations.
Applicants for a GUE PSCR program must:
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Have passed the GUE Tech 2 course.
- Must have a minimum of 25 logged Tech 2 level dives beyond GUE Tech 2 certification.
- For a full list of course prerequisites, click here.
OFF TO NEXT ADVENTURES
The use of diver’s propulsion vehicles (DPV) or scooters has a long tradition in cave diving. DPVs are often used as an important tool to further increase the penetration distance or to carry additional heavy dive equipment into the cave.
Since failure of a DPV in an overhead environment might expose divers to a high level of risk, an in-depth knowledge of gas management and contingency planning is required to use a DPV safely during such dives which DPV Cave course provides.
UNDERWATER CAVE SURVEY
During the class, team-based survey procedures and dive planning are introduced together with additional tools and specialized equipment.