GUE CCR LEVEL 1
CCR 1 DIVER
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
GUE’s Closed-Circuit Rebreather Diver Level 1 course is intended to provide the opportunity for divers to gradually transition from open circuit diving to closed-circuit diving.
The course is intended to challenge divers in a comfortable environment that emphasizes the need for learning management, maintenance procedures, and protocols of the closed-circuit rebreather. The course also emphasizes the need for increased physical and mental fitness.
WHO IS IT FOR?
GUE’s Closed-Circuit Rebreather Diver Level 1 course is intended for GUE Tech 1 divers who desire to learn to dive with a closed-circuit rebreather.
Tech 1 divers who aspire beyond their current level will find that this course gives them the tools to do so by building and enhancing their technical diving abilities.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?Course outcomes include, but are not limited to: a competent and comfortable rebreather diver with solid personal and team skills; knowledge of rebreather functions, operation and how to act if experiencing failures; competent in performing bailout to open circuit, including ascent protocol; and can plan technical dive missions including, gas, absorbent canister endurance, oxygen toxicity management, and decompression strategies.
Applicants for a GUE CCR Diver Level 1 program must:
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Have passed the GUE Tech 1 course.
- Must have a minimum of 25 logged Tech 1 level dives beyond GUE Tech 1 certification.
- Must have completed at least 50 non-training dives in a double tank configuration.
- For a full list of course prerequisites, click here.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
CCR DIVER LEVEL 2
The course is also designed to extend diver capacity for challenges in a comfortable learning environment by emphasizing a higher degree of physical fitness, as well as a deeper understanding of the management, maintenance procedures, and protocols of the rebreather.
GUE’s Photogrammetry Diver course is designed to introduce divers to the skills and procedures for using underwater photogrammetry to create digital 3D models.